Zinc is found throughout the body and is involved in a considerable number of processes and functions:
- the metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates, lipids and vitamin A
- keeping the immune system working
- protein manufacture and the maintenance of healthy skin, hair and nails
- muscle growth and reproductive health
- DNA synthesis and cell division
- as an antioxidant, protecting cells from oxidative damage
- maintaining healthy bones
- supporting cognitive performance
- normal visionThe body is able to regulate its zinc levels so that within certain limits any excess is discarded. A supplement is only required in cases of deficiency, or in cases of clinical need for a specific targeted application of zinc.
The daily requirement of zinc is readily available in a balanced diet, including vegetarian diets if they include wholegrains and pulses (such as beans and lentils).
Serving size 1 capsule
Serving per container-90
|Amount per serving %DV|
|Zinc (from Zinc Picolinate) 50mg 455%|
Other Ingredients: Cellulose, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (capsule).
DIRECTIONS / DOSAGE
Take 1 one capsule once daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
If pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your health care practitioner before using. This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet.